The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: over

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, April 16, 2012

over


© Colleen Hilman
   In between homes.  Again.   So I watched the ravens from our hotel window dance the slipstreams.  Sweep over my frosty Yellowknife, circle spin over our empty apartment, our barren house in the barrenland.  Speed cold beaks over the little lake, over the big lake, over my old paths.  Over the hotel top to new ones, not yet packed down with Colleen-shaped footprints.  Snow on the other side of town waiting for me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous your mama said...

Welcome back!!!
I have definitely missed you, your pics and your amazing word pictures!

15 April 2012 at 23:25  
Blogger Em said...

Reminds me of the song - Raven on the Wind by Wylie & the Wild West... :)
Hope the move goes smooth!

16 April 2012 at 08:26  
Blogger Jenny said...

Just found your blog and this photo . . . this photo is amazing. I can't stop looking at it.

12 June 2012 at 20:05  
Blogger Colleen said...

Thank you, Jenny! The ravens were playing right there in front of me. We had to check out of our hotel room but I could barely peel myself away from the window.

14 June 2012 at 13:50  

any questions?

<< Home